Trainees will be guided on the basic engineering drafting requirements and formatting engineering drawings to comply with the National Standards and Requirements (CP83) using AutoCAD 2019. Trainees will also learn other useful tools such as layers, scales, and title blocks. Functions such as plotting/printing, attributes definition, and data extraction will also be covered. Trainees will be given opportunities to clarify any doubts and/or put to practice what they have learnt at the Guided Practical Sessions led by our Professional CAD/BIM Trainer. A Certificate of Completion will be issued to each Trainee at the end of the course.
Day 1 – Lecture
- CP83 (Code of Practice 83)
- Singapore’s National CAD Standards
- How and when to use CP83
- Layers (Creating & managing elements)
- Viewports and Scaling (Managing & Presenting Drawings)
- Generating drawings to PDF
- Plotting/Printing to various paper size
- Creating Block
- Writing Block
- Dynamic Block
- Design Center
- Attributes Definition
- Creating attributes
- Assigning attributes/characteristics to Block
- Data Extraction
- Extracting attribute values to form-up in a table.
- Creating Bills of Materials, Schedules, Parts Lists, Data Lists etc.
Day 2 – Practical
- Review of Learning (Day 1)
- Applying learning to project assignment
- Question & Answer (Q&A)